Saturday, October 13, 2012

No. 1 - The Residents

This is called Finding Home With You right? So... I figured that the first new post (after the where the heck have you been post) should probably be a house-related post. I suppose the first part of the house posts should be the residents of said house. Allow me to introduce you then...
Let's start with me. Hello. I'm Sórcha. You pronounce that Sore-ka in case you're wondering. I'm 30 (weeps and gnashes teeth), engaged, unemployed, creative and unfocused. I like stuff, most stuff. All stuff really. There's a few things I don't like (scallops, mushrooms, Jersey Shore and it's ilk, mean people) but generally I like stuff. I've been told several times recently that my life would make for a very interesting, if somewhat crazy, book but that's not going to happen anytime soon, if ever! That's me in the picture there.

As you can probably guess I have lots of hair! I'll be shaving it off in aid of cancer research after our wedding. I'll have my Mum's gorgeous blonde wig to wear afterwards, and a very funky little bright blue bobbed wig I picked up myself so I'm actually really looking forward to shaving off the mop and having switch-a-roo hair for a while!

Next up is my lovely husband-to-be, Kezz aka Big Guy. He's very lovely, and kinda shy so this is the only picture I'll be adding of him until I get his permission! I've known him for a very long time and I'm still crazy about him! It helps that he's handsome.

He's the reason we moved to Cork and I'm so glad that we did! Mr. Tanned and Handsome here is also the reason I got so into baking, photography, and well he's just incredible. And he's mine. Paws off ladies!








Paws actually brings me to our next residents: the three m-animals. In order of age, size and when they arrived in our lives allow me to introduce you to Scuba, Oscar, and Holmes.




Scuba - German Shepherd - 9 years old and always happy. Unless there's anyone from the house not home then he is very, very sad :-(



Oscar - 4 years old, morbidly obese and very placid. Unless he really doesn't like what you're doing. If he does decide to bite/scratch you then you will be left quite badly hurt.




Holmes - 3 years old, skinny and neurotic. Jumps at his own shadow. Jumps at everyone else's shadow. Decides to attack shadow. Under the impression that biting/scratching is the best way to show love to humans/the other fur boys and unlikely to leave you badly injured as he's only playing. Unless he's not playing.

I know that technically my Mum is resident with us at the moment but I can say with certainty that I would be killed if I added her to this so let's just leave her as long-term guest Fee (LTGF).

That's it, that's us all. It's very nice to meet you :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment