Sunday, September 25, 2011

Moved House,and Moving House again...

Well, we moved house anyway! Found a lovely house with 2 acres of gardens and ponies (ponies!) that are used to "mow" the grass, and a little stream and everything! We moved in and we were all super excited about living here, even to the point of discussing getting a mortgage and BUYING this place!
Six weeks later the landlord informs us that he's no longer happy that we have pets and that he wants us to move out...uh, okay...


So, we've found another place, this time actually IN a town. It's the first time in at least 10 years that I have lived somewhere with streetlights, and people, and mains sewage. Truth be told I'm slightly scared. We'll be moving in about 2 weeks and I am honestly dreading it. I hate moving, packing up all the boxes, throwing out things that I really want to keep but can't justify lugging to yet another house. Mr K. is making me pack up all my dishes and cutlery and send them back up to Kildare as there's dishes and cutlery in the new rental house but that's not the point! The dishes and cutlery are OUR dishes and cutlery, I don't have to worry about breaking or chipping them, or fret over what germs are on them...sigh, I'll just have to suck it up and bleach everything.

It also means having to re-settle the cats in a new place which is a pain in the ass if I'm honest. The dog is easy enough, there's an enclosed yard at the back, he can hang there during the day but the cats involve 2 weeks of keeping them inside (so they go stir-crazy and torment me) so that they'll understand the new place is "home".

I'm after starting a new college course in Cork City, Metal Art and Jewellery Design, so we're down here for the next 2 years minimum. I hope that our lease on this new place can be for that long, I really, really don't want to have to move again in a year - this upcoming move is our third in 14 months, ouch!

Other than all my moving complaints things are pretty good; I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE being back in college and the course is so much fun. I'll try and keep this blog slightly more updated with projects and so on as the course progresses.

But for today I have to go and make Shepherd's Pie and roast a chicken. I'm making all the dinners and lunches for the week so that I can be on auto-pilot - the 6am starts are killing me right now, it's going to take some getting used to!

No comments:

Post a Comment