Thursday, February 3, 2011

Maple Bacon Breakfast Muffins


For the last month or so I've been dying to make these muffins but every time I tried to I'd find I was out of maple syrup, or had no muffin cases, or something else would go awry. Finally today I made them, and they were so worth the wait. They've also given me an idea for another type of breakfast muffin...oh well, there goes the weekend!


Ingredients

220g plain flour
1tbsp baking powder
3tbsp golden caster sugar
1tsp salt
4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled (Marks & Spencer do Crispy Smoked Bacon Strips, 6 of them are perfect!)
225ml milk
2 eggs
125ml rapeseed oil
60ml maple syrup

Method

  1. Preheat oven to 200C/400F/Gas Mark 6. Line a muffin tin with 12 cases.
  2. Mix your dry ingredients, including the bacon, in a large bowl.
  3. Mix your wet ingredients in a large jug or another, smaller, bowl.
  4. Make a well in the centre of your dry ingredients and pour the wet mix in.
  5. Fold together with a metal spoon until well combined. There will still be a few lumps and bumps don't worry about them too much.
  6. Spoon your mix into your cases (about 3 tbsps a case should do it) and pop into the oven.
  7. Bake for 20 minutes, or until golden coloured and well risen.
  8. Cool on a wire rack. Seriously, they're much, much better cold. Plus you won't end up with a roof of mouth blister from the hot bacon like me...learn from my fail #LFMF

No comments:

Post a Comment